I so enjoyed making the piece for the Archi-texture challenge that I felt I wanted to continue to work with some of the techniques I had used there for my Festival quilt and thus for this challenge.
The colours are actually nearer to a warm ochre than the white-ish colour showing in the image.
The quilt was made by gessoing the surface and adding newspaper cuttings, lace, scrim and other fabrics and the surface was then soaked and sprayed with silk and fabric paints. Some of the crocheted lace was a bit too heavy and I was pleased to find that when I peeled it off it left a good ghost image that I could develop with stitch. I used free machining and hand stitching to describe the stone and lichen. Some printing was also done with found objects, notably a piece of polystyrene that seagulls had pecked into a lovely texture and which made some wonderful marks.
As usual with these challenges I have a whole raft of ideas that could be developed along the theme of Landmarks. I just need the time to use them all!