A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Saturday 23 July 2011

...and Another!

I'm Angela...the same age as Marion & Liz and I hail from Cheadle - the one in Cheshire, not Staffordshire.  I've lived there for 30 years with my husband, two children (who've now flown the nest) and an assortment of pets including rabbits, hamsters, goldfish and an adopted cat...who are now all in pet heaven.  I work part time as a medical secretary for our local GP surgery but the rest of my time is taken up with quilt/textile design.

I've been blogging since 2008 - Angela's Textile Art .  I love to create smaller pieces of work - mainly journals - but my latest project, which many of you will already know about is a wedding quilt for my son's wedding next June.  This has been a huge project for me and started life as Jennifer Chiaverini's 'Sylvia's Bridal Sampler', but I couldn't cope with piecing all those small pieces and cheated by duplicating the easier blocks and making up a few of my own - so it's now the 'Wedding Quilt' !  It makes a change from textile art but I'm really getting withdrawal symptoms now.

My favourite textiles to work with are Lutradur and Tyvek, so watch this space...  I've got plans for Light & Shadow already :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Angela, glad you could make it. As with everyone, I've linked your name on the sidebar to this posting. You can change it of course as and when you like and add pics if you want. There is no escape; we will always be able to find you! Have fun.