A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday 24 July 2011

Introducing Deirdre

I'm Deirdre Abbotts, I’m 55 and I live in Westport, CT (50 miles east of NYC). I have several friends in this group and I'm thrilled to be able to participate. My mind seems to be flipping through ideas for the Light & Shadow challenge, sorting the ideas into Yes No and Maybe piles.

I've been married for 20+ years and have a daughter in college who loves the weather in NC and my a son who likes it cooler lives in VT.

The last few years have had too much day-job and not enough creative expression. I was on the board of my quilt guild but found the politics to be overwhelming and under-appreciated. So this year I have stepped back and will let some of the other members step up, while continuing to maintain the guild website.

I did make a commitment (to myself) this year to learn printmaking, and have been using my membership at Center for Contemporary Printmaking to experiment and try new techniques. I really like using the presses and it's great to be in a place where there is so much talent on display. CCP has great classes and exhibits, and I'm lucky it is only a few miles from my home. I'm hoping to learn ways to try some of the techniques I'm using on paper and see what I can do on fabric.

I have several quilt projects in various states of completion. And I'm looking forward to finishing a few of them!

Like the rest of you, I'm sure I have more ideas then time. But that won't stop me from thinking of the next project... no matter what the medium. Fiber, painting, photography, printmaking, web design, drawing, beading, the list could (and does) go on and on!

I NEED ART in my LIFE! Without it - I'm Incomplete!

:-D eirdre

PS – Thanks to Annabel for sending me another key!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Deirdre, you're most welcome and thank you for the introduction. I've put a link to your website in the page under the title bar, but if you would like an image, either send me a jpeg or let me download one from your website...tell me which.

Same applies to everyone of course, if you'd like a link and a piccy, just let me have details :)

artmixter said...

Hurrah, glad you finally made it