A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday 26 February 2012

Archi-texture (Hundertwasser style)

This piece was started in a Sandra Meech workshop a few years ago. It was inspired by Hundertwasser and its a mixed-media piece.
The background is made up of painted papers, which I then free machine quilted. The binding is made of purple fabric, with blanket stitch used to add beading around the edges. I didn't manage to get an A3-sized piece done this time, instead it's A4-sized.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a wonderful inspiration for your piece! I was enchanted with Hunderwasser House in Vienna many years ago, and you have done credit to his work with your quilt.
I am fascinated that this was started in a different workshop - was this a technique or theme workshop? Isn't it interesting how pieces can percolate in our brains until the time is right for them to be completed?

Julie said...

It is fascinating to see everyone's interpretations of a theme and I love the colourways you have used. I like the movement that the changes of aspect have given throughout your piece, vertical, horizontal, circular. I would love to see it in more detail without the blogger lightbox thingy.

quilthexle said...

WOW - strong colour combination! I truly like your Hundertwasser interpretation, as it is not over-sweet ;-))

Sue Krekorian said...

How lovely that this challenge inspired the completion of a UFO. I'm another Hundertwasser fan and love this interpretation. It has such energy.