A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Saturday 18 February 2012

Getting There - Slowly...

I have just layered up, at last, my piece for this challenge.  Over the last few months I've had a few (minor) health problems and then last week I sadly lost my dad...

I'm hoping to make the deadline, which is next Friday, so I might just do it.  Just one thing though - it's Journal sized (A4) and the reason for this is that it's a size I am most comfortable working with.  I hope that isn't a problem?  I think we agreed on A3 at one stage but to be honest, that's too large for me.

It's taken me hours of trawling through my photos to find a suitable design and there are lots I'd love to do until this particular one just jumped out at me and the ideas of how to portray it fell into place straight away.  Now all I have to do is transfer my ideas to the fabric...

Angela

4 comments:

Kit Lang said...

My condolences to you and your family on your loss, Angela.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Angela. Look after yourself x

For myself I don't have any objections to what size people work in. I have been working A3 myself so far, as that suits me, but I am all for variety unless we wanted to set a particular size restraint to give a uniformity, say, for exhibiting but I'm happy to be individual at this stage.

Angela said...

Thank you ladies... x

Kathryn said...

Heartfelt condolences on the passing of your Dad, Angela.