A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday 18 March 2012

I have an idea, too!  It came to me while I was reading Terry Pratchett this morning and something interfaced with Mothering Sunday and items I had inherited from my Gran and my Nana.  Suddenly, there was the germ of an idea and it took off in my head....

More anon.


This picture may or may not be completely irrelevant - I am happily taking a course (Extending Embellishment) with Karen Ruane, and this is my most recent sample.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I have been following Karen's blog for a while and your piece is looking very interesting, I thought it was distressed lace at first.

Would everyone be agreeable to swithcing off the lightbox so that images can be clicked and enlarged? I believe you can switch off the right click thingy to stop people lifting the image off the blog but I don't know how.

Felicity said...

i don't know what that means julie but sure :)

sue that is such a beautiful delicate piece - really really lovely

Angela said...

I've just found out how to do it - quite by chance! Right click on the photo - on the blog not after you've clicked - choose 'open in incognito window'. This opens it in a new window and you are able to enlarge it too. Don't ask me how I found out - it was a pure fluke!!
Angela

Paula Rafferty said...

I love this piece, reminds me of foam on water, beautiful.

Kathryn said...

lovely, delicate piece - at first I thought this was some lace you had inherited and were working on. Quite ethereal, and I am certainly curious as to where you will take your inspiration next.