A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday 14 October 2012

Memory Fragments

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in posting my entry for the Memory Challenge. Everything conspired against me to get this quilt posted on time.

Have to say that the theme "Memory" threw me a bit, was racking my brain for a good bit to come up with a satisfactory entry. But that's the good thing about themes, they really make you think sometimes....

So my piece is time is a bit free-form.

No-one really knows how the brain works and how memories are formed. So my piece is about memory fragments, the little snippets of colour and events that make us who we are.



The piece is made from hand-dyed fabric, net, organza, snippet of net curtain etc. which has been machine quilted.


3 comments:

Kit Lang said...

Lovely, thank you for sharing!

Julie said...

An interesting concept Claire. I am interested in memory fragments too, especially when you think of how Alzheimers scatters some memories.

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Love your interpretation! I think the big part of our memories only remains in fragments.