A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday, 24 July 2011

Introducing Sally Bramald

I've been quilting for years and years and years. I normally make traditional or contemporary though not art quilts.

I was born in London, went to Australia when small, left at about 15 years old to live on a Greek Island, then arrived back in London, by myself at 16 years old. I have worked in computers, antiques and back in my hippy days I ran a shop in Kensington Market, in High St Ken, London.

I have a 22year year old daughter who has finished uni and is now living in London. So it is just my husband and I at home. He has a paralysed diaphragm, I have fibromyalgia between the two of us we nearly make up one fully functioning person.  I have a girl Friday (who comes on Thursdays) to help out.

I joined this challenge because Annabel said we would have 2 months to complete each piece, though I see we only have less than 6 weeks for the first one! I normally like to mull a piece of work over in my head for a couple of years before starting, this will be my challenge........

2 comments:

marion said...

To which you will rise with aplomb.

The Happy Apple said...

Sorry Sally, I've now amended the date. Glad you could make it. It's not supposed to be arduous, so I hope you will be able to squeeze in the time and have a good mull!

Really interesting to read about your early days. That must have been quite hard: branching out on your own at such a young age.