A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Friday 2 September 2011

Light and Shadow 3 - A couple of photos

 I'm working on this challenge very hard...but in my mind!  I've yet to actually sew the piece but deserve and award for brainly devotion!

Just thought I'd  share these 2 photos - one more obvious to the challenge than the other. I love the texture in the stones. Both photos were taken at Kenilworth Castle.

Also I wanted to let you know, that Marion made a wonderful offer to help with the blog, and, being a little busy at the moment, I've gratefully accepted. She is now our new administrator. Thank you Marion and good luck; I'm sure it'll be fabulous!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Interestign photos Annabel, especially the pitted stone one. Some lovely shapes in that.

I too am working in my head but haven't actually picked up farbric or anything else yet. Not to sound to wimpy but I am struggling with feeling a bit depressed and try as I might I can't get to any serious work. I still hope to get this first challenge under my belt though, although it may end up a bit simplistic.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Julie...hope you feel better soon. xx

Angela said...

Those are very interesting Annabel - I love the stones.

Get better soon Julie... x

Anonymous said...

Well, the brain has finally rattled into action, and the piece is designed but not sewn yet. I'm going to try for A3 to see how I get on with the small size and then I can give an informed opinion on what works best for me.

Esther Aliu said...

Love these photos Annabel, so many ideas!

Thank you Marion for being so generous with your time.

Deirdre said...

I wanted to share a link to see a very nice interpretation of an open doorway - this quilt was shown at our Quilt Show this year - it's the 2nd quilt in the 1200 series http://northernstarquilters.com/quiltshow/photos-2011

:-D eirdre

Angela said...

Thanks Deidre, that IS a nice interpretation...really interesting. I'm going to take a look at all the others now :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Deirdre for the link. I liked that they had so many categories so it wasn't just art for example, but art- abstract, art-portraits etc.

artmixter said...

drooling at some of these photos... maybe one of our themes could be to work from a fab photo...or maybe that's another group ;-)