A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Tuesday 29 November 2011

Cloudy Window and Admin Thoughts

Hi everyone,

How are you all? Please accept my apology as my challenge entry is running late. It's just that time of year and everything has demanded attention all at the same time. I know it's the same for all of us, so I just wanted to let you know why I've been a bit quiet this last month...or actually since the last challenge. (oh dear).

This is a really great group and the idea is an excellent one, losing any more members would really be such a shame so I am not leaving, but I am running behind at the moment.

I did want to take a moment to thank Marion for taking over admin whilst she did. Blogging looks really easy but it eats up a lot of time, is pretty thankless and the constant attention needed just to make things run smoothly is slavish. Obviously you can tell how much I love blogging! Actually I really do love blogging but I have so many troubles from my lack of computing skills that I really admire and appreciate anyone who can jump in and do it. It doesn't go unnoticed. So, thanks Marion.

As for us: well, I think the most pressing thing is getting the links right as some are still missing as well as getting the gallery up, including any sale options. Is anyone doing this?

It would also be really nice to have a group button so we can spread the word on our own blogs - again, I suppose we would have to decide on a symbol/design? And does anyone have any thoughts about a 'link within' bit beneath each posting? I think it would be a good idea as it throws up random posts that might be of interest to readers.

I know this may sound like a bit of a wish list, but there is such great stuff going on here that it would be great to get it some more exposure.

I can imagine that there might be some hesitancy from a capable (read: computer savvy) member due to concerns about doing things to the blog that other members might not like. I just want to say that I really don't mind about stylistic elements and if anyone Admins, I am happy for them to make executive descisions. I say this because it's something I feel!

Anyhow, I have gone on a bit here. Hopefully I can get back on track with my Challenge soon!


9 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Esther
I think I've sorted out the links to participants in the group. Hope I've got everyone listed, if there's someone else missing let me know. Also, I don't have any info on Felicity Hopkins though! Does anyone know did she participate in any of the challenges so far?
Also, is everyone ok with a deadline of 24th February for our next challenge? A few people were asking for a longer deadline because of Christmas etc.
Regards
Claire

Liz said...

That deadline is fine with me, Claire! Thanks for sorting out all the links.

Jenny said...

Hello Claire

Nice to know I exist at last! I did a more comprehensive Profile for Marion. Can that be incorporated and if so, how?

I don't exist on the work front yet, however. Sorry - it is coming!

Liz said...

Claire, I've just done a bit of digging and have realised that Felicity and Lisette are the same person!!

Esther Aliu said...

Could you please correct my name to 'Esther' on the sidebar? Thanks.

lisette said...

sorry everyone - i've had 'lisette' as my internet name for so long i forget that not everyone makes the connection!

Claire said...

Hi Jenny
If you go back and edit your post of Monday, 26 September 2011, you'll be able to update your profile information.

:-D eirdre said...

I too am running late - we had a lovely holiday last week in CT and thoroughly enjoyed seeing my daughter who has been at school since August.

I'm sorry to see Marion stepping down, but am sure that everyone understand the need to take care of themselves, first. All the best thoughts being sent her way.

I have a few "desires" on my list. I haven't really used blogger in quite a while and keep it mainly for being able to post comments on other blogs. I find the the self-hosted wordpress format works best for me and my clients. I assume these features are widgets that could be added to the sidebar.
1) Is there a way to add Categories, preferably in a drop-down list? This would allow us to click on a person's name or a specific challenge and have a list of those posts available?
2) Can we add a Tag Cloud?

And finally I'd love to know who, in addition to Esther, are the new Admins?

:-D eirdre

Claire said...

Hi Deirdre,
I've just checked and you're down as an Admin on the group along with myself and Sue.
I've added a cloud label to the sidebar.