A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday 6 November 2011

Now What?


Well I've treated my colour catchers with Ink aid , printed them with images taken at speed from Japanese train, attached  a 4 x 3 grid of them to some vintage kimono fabric and placed a layer of silk organza scarf over the top (love those lines!). I've stitched the lot together with twin needle which as I haven't used a backing fabric (whoops) has caused raised 'tramlines'.
However you could say I've become de-railed as I don't know how to finish of the edges. should have thought that through to start with of course.....

1 comment:

Julie said...

You're not alone Mags, I did the same last month with my embellisher piece. I'm now thinking I will just display it in a perspex frame so it can be viewed from both sides. Oops! That means it's not strictly a quilt as it's only one layer. Back to the drawing board!