A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Friday 25 November 2011

Through The Abbey Window

I made it!
Although the photo isn't great.  It's the best I could do in artificial light so I will take another tomorrow in daylight.
Those of you who know me know that I love making art quilts from photos and this one is made from three photos taken on our holiday in and around Bath.

I loved the brickwork on the sides of the one on the left, which is reproduced here with the aid of fusible web and nice sharp scissors!
The garden outside is a photo printed onto silk then hand embroidered.
The lead on the window is machine embroidered.
If you look closely you can see a jug and a couple of glasses on the sill which are taken from the other window and reproduced here with two layers of gold organza with wadding behind to give depth.
Again these might be more noticeable in the daylight.

So I made the deadline...just!  
I'm looking forward to the next one now... 

1 comment:

Elma in Lochwinnoch said...

A lovely piece, Angela................so cool and gentle.